This will only be provided to a member (s) who seeks assistance for funeral expense for the death of a family member (who is not an FNPF member), who has General Account entitlement.
Whose death can member withdraw for?
Member who has General Account entitlement for:
1. Memberâ€™s Spouse
2. Memberâ€™s Parents
3. Memberâ€™s Siblings
4. Memberâ€™s Children
What is the amount that can be withdrawn for funeral assistance and what does it cover?
1. The amount applied for must be within the memberâ€™s General Account entitlement.
2. The maximum withdrawal permitted is $1,500 for each funeral
FNPF will NOT assist for the following
1. This assistance shall only be given to members whose deceased relatives does
not qualify for Special Death Benefit Funeral Assistance of $2000
Other important notes
1. The next of kin is to apply for this assistance within 20 working days from the date of death
2. Payment is made directly to the memberâ€™s valid bank account
3. Application processing fee is $10. Please note that you will need to pay the processing fee within 14 days from registration of your application, otherwise it will be automatically cancelled.
Evidence of relationship of the deceased to the member
1. Birth Certificate
2. Marriage Certificate
Documents to be submitted with an application
1. Documentary evidence is required to confirm the relationship between the member, deceased person and the person declaring
2. If applying for assistance for the death of a sibling, a statutory declaration is required from the next of kin or other siblings authorizing you to receive assistance and confirm deceased marital status
3. Latest bank statement
4. Original birth certificate of deceased member (latest extract from the Registrar Generalâ€™s Office containing the
â€śdeceasedâ€ť water mark will be required for members who died overseas)
Method of Payment
1. Payment is made direct to the memberâ€™s bank account
1. 3 working days from the date of submission by the member.
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER
1 Any unutilized FNPF funds will be refunded to FNPF and will be redited to memberâ€™s accounts.
2 Members are not entitled for any early withdrawal if they ave not accounted for any withdrawal taken under Housing
transfer. They will have to pay the unaccounted transfer amount, hwever, this will not apply to members previously assisted
under the Village Housing Scheme prior to 1st January 2011.
3 All documents submitted to the Fund should e originals or if it is a copy to be stamped nd signed by a Justice of the Peace (JP),
Commissioner of Oaths or an authorized FNPF fficer as being a true likeness of the original dcument.