Who is an Employer?
An employer can be any person, company, association, or body of persons, employing an employee. An employer is liable to pay FNPF contributions after hiring an employee for 1 or more days in a month. Every employer is required by law to register his company with the FNPF. Employers are also required to register their employees (if they are not already members) within one month of the commencement of employment.
Furthermore an employer may be defined as any person, company, association or body of persons:
- With whom the employee has entered into a contract or agreement of employment regardless whether the contract or agreement is written, oral, expressed or implied.
- That has a place of business in Fiji
- That is the owner of the vessel or aircraft
- Inclusive of the Government
- Who is the owner of Business